Job Title: Senior Commercial Manager
Industry: Oil & Gas
Location: Lagos State
The job holder is responsible for all commercial and contractual activities associated with bid preparation and submission of tender proposals. He/she works closely with multiple teams focusing on continuous revenue growth across new and additional business opportunities, especially the cable division.
• Responsible for overall quality and accuracy of all tenders.
• Ensure the company’s growth is attained by articulating new business opportunities (cable division), identifying, negotiating, and managing relationships with technical partners in line with corporate goals.
• Organize, manage, and develop contacts, accounts, leads, and opportunities.
• Highlight any major commercial, contractual, or financial risks or issues relating to the tender submission within the Potential for Loss document and work with the relevant personnel to ensure an optimum solution.
• Act as the first point of contact for external customers, management, suppliers, and sub-contractors.
• Provide all commercial and contractual advice to the management team including historical data to assist with the pricing strategy of the tender.
• Oversee the preparation of tenders with a full understanding of bid conditions and company procedures, ensuring tenders are submitted on time.
• Review enquiry documents to establish bid strategy and maximise the probability of success.
• Identify prospects and develop sales strategies to penetrate and get new accounts including the preparation of presentations and tenders.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or any relevant Engineering field with a commercial/tendering/sales background.
• Possession of professional qualifications such as COREN, MNSE etc.
• Minimum of 10-15 years’ experience in a tendering or project environment, preferably in the power/ oil and gas process application.
• Knowledge of Power industry with reference to cable industry is a plus.
• Good commercial project management skills with ability to interpret and respond to complex technical specifications and documentation.
• Good knowledge of tender preparation process.
• Demonstrable experience in relationship building with industry executives at trade shows, conferences, etc.
• Should possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands.
• Must be intelligent, presentable, and articulate.
• Personable and influential.
Qualified candidate can apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title as subject of the mail.
Suitable referrals can be forwarded via DM.